Application: drilling, counterboring, chamfering, reaming, honing
Machine type: transfer lines, multispindle drilling, special purpose machines
- quick change system (also for close center distances)
- drilling chucks can be used on spindles acc. to DIN55058 or acc. to BS 1935: 1972 (ACME)
- SSM-nut replaces the existing SM-nut
- multi spindle heads can be retrofitted easily
- quick tool change without additional tool and while the spindle is not rotating
- automatic locking of the SSM nut when inserting the adaptor into the chuck
DESCRIPTION / QUALITIES
The over spindle quick change drilling chucks can be fixed to the noses of machine spindles in conformity with DIN 55058. They are located on the spindle by means of a special screw which locks the chuck on to the spindle nose. This screw locates in a tapped hole in the spindle. The inner sleeve of the chuck has six holes which accomodate the positional tolerance of the tapped hole in the spindle and ensure free of play positioning.
These chucks, combined with the Bilz SSM adjustable lock nuts provide a rapid and effective quick change system for adjust able adaptors and toolholders with DIN 6327 trapezoidal shanks. They can be used on multi-spindle machines, transfer lines and special purpose machines.
Tools can be changed quickly and easily, the tools are auto matically locked into the unit. The tools are released by pulling forward the outer sleeve of the chuck and removing the tool from the spindle.
This quick change system ensures the safe, play-free clamping in the spindle. Tool change is carried out only when the spindle is stopped and the tools are easily handled even in restricted locations on equipment such as multi-spindle heads.